Southern Style Shrimp & Grits
Medium-high heat, 1 hour, Serves 3-4
5 tbsp unsalted butter
1 medium white onion, finely diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
¾ lb raw Black Tiger shrimp (31/40 sized), peeled and deveined
½ lb De La Mer Tandoor Salmon sausages, thawed
¼ cup dry white wine
¼ bunch parsley, finely chopped
1 cup polenta or quick cooking grits
4.5 cups liquid (milk / water / broth / any mix of all)
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ cup cream (optional)
1 tbsp unsalted butter
¼ cup grated parmesan
1. In a medium sized sauce pot (with lid), bring liquid of choice to a boil. Add salt + black pepper + polenta and whisk vigorously.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking. Once cooked, turn off heat and stir in cream + butter + parmesan cheese.
3. When polenta is half-way done simmering (10 minutes left), in a fry pan set over medium-high heat, melt butter and add onions + bell pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Add white wine to deglaze the pan.
4. Once white wine has evaporated add tandoori sausages and cook until outside of sausages is golden. Remove sausages from pan and cut into circular discs, about ½ inch thick. Put back sliced sausages into pan and add raw shrimp.
5. Turn up heat to high and sauté for 2 minute or until shrimp cooked. Add parsley to pan.
6. Ladle grits in bottom of bowl, top with seafood sauté. Serve!