Smoked Salmon Potato Pancakes
4 large Yukon gold potatoes
Salt and pepper
1lb smoked salmon
Vegetable or canola oil for frying (or other high heat oil)
1c. sour cream
1. Wash and peel the potatoes.
2. With food processor or box grater, coarsely grate the potatoes.
3. Mix the two eggs with the grated potatoes and season well with salt and pepper.
4.Julienne one third of the smoked salmon and mix with the potatoes.
5. In a preheated pan with ¼” of oil place 1/4c to 1/3c portions of potato mix, flatten with metal spatula to make pankcakes. 6. Fry on both sides until golden brown.
7. Remove pancakes from oil and place on paper towel to drain, keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
8. Mix sour cream and horseradish together.
9. Top pancakes with sour cream mixture and a rosette of smoked salmon. If you are feeling fancy – top with a black coloured fish roe or even caviar.