High heat – 400°F, 45 minutes, Serves 6-8
Large oven safe skillet or 9-inch pie dish
2 tbsp neutral oil (grapeseed, canola)
1 small zucchini, sliced into rounds
1 medium red onion, finely diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
Salt and black pepper, to taste
3 oz ricotta, soft goats’ cheese or cheddar cheese
12 large eggs
½ cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
8 oz smoked salmon
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large frying pan, set over high heat, sauté zucchini, red onions, and bell pepper for 3 minutes, until tender and slightly colored. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add eggs, milk, heavy cream, and Italian seasoning, whisking to combine.
4. In an oven-safe pan or 9-inch pie dish, evenly spread in the bottom sauteed vegetables. Evenly sprinkle or dollop (if using soft variety) cheese atop vegetables.
5. Gently pour over dairy mixture over the vegetables and place the smoked salmon pieces evenly on top. Bake for approx. 17-20 minutes, or until eggs are set. The center of the frittata should not be jiggly.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving and enjoying!