Halibut With Ginger Scallion Sauce
High heat, 45 minutes, Serves 4
2lb halibut, skin off, cut into 4 fillets
Salt & pepper to taste
Ginger scallion sauce
1 bunch scallions, finely minced
3 tbsp fresh ginger, finely minced
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 tbsp grapeseed, avocado or neutral oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine scallions, ginger, salt, and pepper in a heat proof bowl.
3. In a small saucepan over high heat, heat oil until shimmering. Ensure oil does not reach smoking point. Test oil heat by putting a small piece of scallion in the oil. If bubbles form instantly, it’s ready!
4. Carefully pour hot oil over scallion/ginger mixture, stir to combine, and set aside.
5. Pay fish dry with paper towel, season to taste with salt and pepper. Place on parchment lined pan and bake for 13-15 minutes or until cooked and fish flakes easily.
6. Generously spoon ginger scallion sauce over each fillet. Serve over steamed rice and enjoy!