Crusted Cod with Roasted Butternut Squash
1.5 – 2lbs Icelandic Cod
1c. fine cornmeal for dredging
3 tbsp Bonefish Whitefish Rub
1 butternut squash peeled and cut into ¼” slices
3 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper
Aged balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Melt butter.
3. Coat squash with melted butter and season.
4. Cover a sheet pan in silicon paper and arrange the squash on the paper so as to not overlap with salt and pepper
5. Roast the squash for 20 minutes or until there is no resistance to the tip of a knife.
6. Mix cornmeal and Bonefish Rub.
7. Crust cod in cornmeal mixture.
8. Roast for 10-14 minutes or until desired doneness.
9. Serve by placing cod on a bed of roasted squash and drizzle with balsamic vinegar to taste.