High heat, 30 minutes, Serves 4-6
2 tbsp unsalted butter
3 garlic cloves, crushed
¾ lb raw Black Tiger shrimp (31/40 sized), peeled and deveined
3 tbsp Bonefish blackening rub
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1 bag (300g) tortilla chips
Shredded Monterey jack cheese
Diced red onion
Pico de gallo
1. Season shrimp with blackening rub. Set aside.
2. In a pan set over high heat, add butter + onions and sauté for 3 minutes until onions begin to turn translucent. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
3. To the pan add seasoned shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until shrimp nicely blackened.
4. Lay tortilla chips in one even layer on a large circular dish, sprinkle evenly with cheese. Optional step is to put under broiler set to high to melt cheese.
5. Evenly spread blackened shrimp/onion mixture over tortillas. Finish with custom toppings, serve and enjoy!