6-8oz salmon fillets x 4
6”x12”x1/2” untreated cedar planks x 2
1/4c. vegetable or other neutral flavoured oil
2tbsp sweet rice vinegar
1tsp sesame oil
1/4c. soy sauce
1tbsp minced ginger
1tsp minced garlic
1tsp sesame seeds
1. Soak cedar planks for 30 minutes while it is being marinated.
2. Combine oil, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
3. Marinate salmon in mixture for 20 minutes, unrefrigerated.
4. Preheat BBQ to medium (or 375 degrees) while salmon is marinating.
5. Place cedar planks on BBQ, planks are ready when they start to steam.
6. Place two fillets on each plank, closed the lid and cook for 20 minutes.
7. Salmon is ready when it separates easily when pushed down on with a fork.
8. Enjoy with aromatic rice and sautéed bok choy.